Thursday 9 August 2012

Re-Feed Meal

My Coach allowed me a re-feed meal earlier this week (gosh was it only this week, feels like a decade ago lol)

Re-feed meals are important for guys & gals like me on strict body-building diets as they help regulate the amount of Leptin in our bodies. Without getting too scientific, leptin plays a significant role in regulating both hunger, food intake and energy expenditure. As leptin levels fall, the greater your cravings become for all those wonderful foods that you used to eat when you weren't dieting.There are some other benefits, but for the basis of this post, that will suffice :)  

SO I was allowed to have a lean beef pattie, 2 slices of wholemeal bread, 1 Tsp tomato sauce & as much different salads as I could fit on my plate!!! 

Here it is in all it's glory:


Let me tell you I was like a kid in a candy store lol. I ate the whole can of beetroot & omg it was gooodddddd! 

Absolutely delicious!!!  Despite it being a relatively clean meal, I did feel some tummy pains afterwards, which surprised me. 

The meal definitely helped pick up my spirits, and has motivated me even more!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment