Tuesday 5 February 2013

Early Morning Cardio

As you know, I am in the first week of my new program with my new trainer Evan Godbee :) 

Part of my program consists of 2 x interval cardio sessions per week. I like to do these fasted (on an empty stomach) before work. 

I drove down from Brisbane to Coolangatta yesterday before work to do my intervals, actually looking forward to the session. Left Brisbane in sunshine. Got to Coolangatta and arrived to rain :( I was pretty shirted off!! Had I just been going back home or something, I would have done it anyway - I like running in the rain. However, having to go straight to work after running in the rain is not really a good look :P 

So I told myself I would try again today! Before leaving home, I checked the "Rain?" app - nothing even remotely close - excellent. I breifly considered stopping in at the gym (I drive straight past it to get to the freeway) to do the workout, but the lure of the fresh air was too great. 

Arrived to perfect sunshine & smashed out my intervals. What an AWESOME start to my day!! Being outside running by the beach, in the fresh air - totally beats being on the treadmill in the gym! :)

I use "Easy Intervals" when interval training. It's a great little app, you can make your own workouts. So you put in your warm-up time, your cool-down time, how many intervals you want to do, what the 'work' time & the 'rest' time of each interval is, and Bob's your uncle. Good to go! 

Maybe you could incorporate some interval training into your routine to help assist weight loss. It doesn't have to be running. It can be cycling, swimming, rowing, or a whole bunch of tabata training style workouts if you like!! Just as long as your heart beat is going up & down, that's the main thing! 



Stay fabulous! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment